A short interview with Chris Hardie, director, Schmidt Hammer Lassen. – A film by Hao Jiang
– by Yue Shen – This project, designed by Japanese architect Kengo Kuma is located at the foot of China’s Great Wall at Beijing.
- by Tao Yin – The Bamboo Courtyard Tea House was designed by Chinese architect Sun Wei, a partner of HWCD Associates in Shanghai.
– by Shen Yue, Zhao Zhe, Gong Ruochen, William Pattison, Wang Weiping Tianjin Library, which forms part of the wider city cultural centre, is located in Tianjin Hexi District, to the south-west of the main city.
– coordinated by Anni Dai – We continue our two-part exploration into the use of timber – and bamboo – in Chinese architectural design.
– articles coordinated by Anni Dai – China has outstanding tradition of timber construction, but over recent years, impressive examples have tended to be less prevalent
- by Ruochen Gong – A generalized concept in architectural design is being able to reproduce or interpret a phenomenon taken from the site or the brief… provided that it can be given an original and not-too-literal representation.
Creativity, Culture and Urban Development In this interview with Prof. Klaus Kunzmann. interviewer: Yingxuan Mou asks him to explain the meaning and worth of Creative Cities. Does he clarify, or evade the question? You can be the judge.
– by Zhao Zhe – On November 1st, as the shining “Sky SOHO” sign rose high into the evening darkness, a newly constructed office building was designated as officially complete and open to the public, The ensuing party attracted thousands of people to join in the very public ceremony.