- by Ding Mi – (photos: Ding Mi) – While the Chinese economy has boomed, the construction sector (especially residential market) has also seen a dramatic rise over the last 30 years.
- by Qiang Jiadong – The Laterite Museum is intended for Tonling Heritage Park, Ruichang, Jiangxi province. Laterite is a red soil layer that is rich in iron oxide
- by Li Yirong – Owing to the rapid growth of the Chinese population, land utilization could become a problem, ie finding enough land to meet the daily requirements of ordinary citizens.
- by Jia Man – With the vision of promoting an organic and vibrant growth of arts and cultural industries, the Hong Kong government has proposed the West Kowloon Cultural District (WKCD) project and invested HK$21.6 billion (USD$2.8 billion) for its construction and operation since 1998.
- By Su Yating – The new Management and Information Centre (MIC) at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University has just been completed and it will be officially put into use in September 2013 when the new school year starts.
Design Collective – A new way of presenting – by Chien-hua Huang – Design Collective is a redesigned existing building for a group of avant-garde furniture retailers in Jishengweibang furniture retailing village near Shanghai.
– by Bao Lijia – Initiated in 2006, located in a 90-metre deep water filled quarry, postponed several times due to the technical issues, the Shimao Underground Hotel, finally started on site this year.
- by Wang Ruochen – For many years China has wanted the world to see its growing achievement in its economy: and now’s the time.