A short interview with Chris Hardie, director, Schmidt Hammer Lassen. – A film by Hao Jiang
- by Gong Ruochen – President Xi has just announced the revitalisation of the “Silk Road economic belt” – a trading route for the 21st century that links China to Europe via the mountains of Central Asia
The president of the Royal Institute of British Architects, Stephen Hodder recently visited XJTLU. Click on our new video to see a quick interview where he explains the benefits of RIBA validation for our department
– by Yue Shen – This project, designed by Japanese architect Kengo Kuma is located at the foot of China’s Great Wall at Beijing.
- by Tao Yin – The Bamboo Courtyard Tea House was designed by Chinese architect Sun Wei, a partner of HWCD Associates in Shanghai.
– by Shen Yue, Zhao Zhe, Gong Ruochen, William Pattison, Wang Weiping Tianjin Library, which forms part of the wider city cultural centre, is located in Tianjin Hexi District, to the south-west of the main city.
– coordinated by Anni Dai – We continue our two-part exploration into the use of timber – and bamboo – in Chinese architectural design.
– articles coordinated by Anni Dai – China has outstanding tradition of timber construction, but over recent years, impressive examples have tended to be less prevalent